Answer for What is a Certificate of Use?

Prior to opening a business in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, a Certificate of Use (Zoning Permit) is required, to ensure that the business is allowed to operate within its zoning district. If your business will be located within a municipality, you will need to check the local zoning requirements.