You need a license if you meet 1 or more of the following criteria:
• Your business grosses $12,000 or more per year.
• You’re doing business using a name other than your full legal name.
• You plan to hire employees within the next 90 days.
• You sell a product or provide a service that is taxable. To find out more about what products or services are taxable, see the Department of Revenue’s Business tax guide, or call them at 1-800-647-7706.
• Your business has specialty licenses available through the Business Licensing Service.